Le Chat qui fume

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
L.A.

Le Chat qui fume

#1 Post by L.A. » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:56 am

Le Chat qui fume

Some interesting titles from the likes of Jess Franco and Umberto Lenzi, available in limited editions. English subtitles for the main features at least. Anyone own anything from the label and can confirm what is the case?

The Needle (Rashid Nugmanov, 1988) is something that caught my attention, one of the first Kazakh new wave films.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: Le Chat qui fume

#2 Post by tenia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:21 pm

I own most of them and can confirm the following titles as having Eng subs :
Le venin de la peur
Tropique du cancer
3615 Code Père Noël
Journal d'une nymphomane
Les possédés du diable

The others don't.

Note also that The Needle is pre-orderable through their website but it technically isn't released by them, but by Badlands.

L.A.

Re: Le Chat qui fume

#3 Post by L.A. » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 am

tenia wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:21 pm
Note also that The Needle is pre-orderable through their website but it technically isn't released by them, but by Badlands.
Thanks for that.

This looks like it has gotten quite the treatment with multiple subtitle options and some cool extras. The main actor Viktor Tsoi also is quite a legend apparently.

After doing some more research the film was shot in Almaty. I was in Kazakhstan this July actually and visited the town for couple days. I mostly stayed in the capital Astana and found only one film store there and the local DVDs were mostly Krupnyi Plan releases, no English subtitles. Can’t wait for the The Needle which I pre-ordered.