Marvel Comics on Film

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Ribs

Marvel Comics on Film

#1 Post by Ribs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:14 pm

This thread is the place to discuss Marvel films in general or else specific ones that haven't generated much discussion on their own. The following films have their own threads:

Ant-Man
Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Avengers
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame

Black Panther
Black Widow
Captain America: Civil War
Captain Marvel
Deadpool
Deadpool 2

The Eternals
Logan
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Thor: Ragnarok
Venom
X-Men: Apocalypse

Werewolf by Night

Re: Comic Books on Film

#2 Post by Werewolf by Night » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Ribs wrote:Fox has delayed the X-Men horror spin-off New Mutants to February 2019 from its planned April bow
Wow, there have been posters up for this for weeks. I was a huge fan of the run of issues the storyline of the film covers, but after seeing the teaser trailer...zero interest in seeing the movie.

McCrutchy

#3 Post by McCrutchy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 am

Ribs wrote:Gore Verbinski has left the Gambit movie, and Fox has delayed the X-Men horror spin-off New Mutants to February 2019 from its planned April bow. Deadpool 2 has now been pushed up to May 18th, only two weeks after Avengers and a week before Solo’s supposed release.
I didn't realize that Deadpool 2 was releasing at such a crowded time. Barring a miracle, there goes its shot at outperforming the first film (which I really enjoyed). :(

Never Cursed
Such is life on board the Redoutable

#4 Post by Never Cursed » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:11 pm

With Avengers: Infinity War's release date moved to April 27, there will now be a 3-week (as opposed to 2 week) break between it and Deadpool 2, the following Marvel movie, which releases on May 18.

Murdoch

Re: Marvel Comics on Film

#5 Post by Murdoch » Mon May 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Jake Gyllenhaal in talks to play the villain in Spiderman Homecoming's sequel, raising my interest from zero to will-watch-if-on-streaming.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#7 Post by domino harvey » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Destin Cretton, director of Short Term 12, to direct Shang-Chi movie. Literally never heard of this character

Never Cursed
Such is life on board the Redoutable

#8 Post by Never Cursed » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Spoiler for X-Men: Dark PhoenixShow
No disrespect intended to the mod who edited this, is this really a spoiler? You see it happen in the trailer for the movie