On Ordering Indicator Releases

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

dws1982

Re: On Ordering Indicator Releases

#301 Post by dws1982 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:51 am

My order (placed March 15) shipped quickly and made it to the US on March 19 where the tracking was turned over to USPS in New York City, and the tracking hasn't been updated since then. I filed an inquiry on the USPS website, but all I got was one e-mail saying they had received my inquiry and another asking fill out a survey about how well they had handled my case. Based on some of the posts here, I'm guessing it's being held at customs. (I'm also guessing this is will be the case with some of my Amazon UK pre-orders that are due to be shipped in a few weeks.)

therewillbeblus

#302 Post by therewillbeblus » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:44 pm

I finally got a notice that my shipment landed in Boston’s holding facility, so looks like Indicator continues their perfect batting avg.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#303 Post by swo17 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:24 pm

That's better than my package, which for some reason tracked through France today :-k

John Cope

#304 Post by John Cope » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:16 am

Ordered one item without tracking on Monday the 16th, received conformation of shipment on Tuesday the 17th and received the item on Monday the 30th.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#305 Post by swo17 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:16 pm

swo17 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:24 pm
That's better than my package, which for some reason tracked through France today :-k
And somehow arrived to me the next day!

therewillbeblus

#306 Post by therewillbeblus » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:37 pm

The magical Bering strait strikes again

royaltenenbaum

#307 Post by royaltenenbaum » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:44 am

Second opinion required folks, as very much don't want to bug the Indicator team, but would you touch base if a Flash Sale order (tracked package) has been at 'Item despatched to Royal Mail' since Thurs 26th March? Just wondered how others deliveries are progressing, and obviously the team are doing an incredible job when there is very much more serious issues/problems in the world.

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#308 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:06 am

royaltenenbaum wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:44 am
Second opinion required folks, as very much don't want to bug the Indicator team, but would you touch base if a Flash Sale order (tracked package) has been at 'Item despatched to Royal Mail' since Thurs 26th March? Just wondered how others deliveries are progressing, and obviously the team are doing an incredible job when there is very much more serious issues/problems in the world.
Mine has just arrived in France having had the same notification on 22 March.
It depends if you are outside UK and that the carrier that has the transferred parcel has updated properly.
Mine didn't It just remained at Royal Mail notified

Rayon Vert
Green is the Rayest Color

#309 Post by Rayon Vert » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:00 pm

Pre-ordered the Hammer vol. 5 box. Tracking info says March 20 sender preparing item, despatched to Heathrow, then received in Canada (still March 20). But then March 25: Item leaving the UK. (??). No news since (Canada Post can't see the tracking number) and not received yet.

I'm gathering this is normal given the circumstances?

MichaelB

#310 Post by MichaelB » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:12 am

To mark the birthdays of Jack Nicholson and William Castle, they're running two lightning deals.

From 22 April at 10am (BST) for 24 hours, The Passenger, The Fortune, The Border and Wolf are available at 40% off, provided you buy at least two and enter the code JACK at the checkout.

And from 24 April at 10am (BST), again for 24 hours, both William Castle volumes are available at a 35% discount - you only need to buy one to qualify. The discount code is CASTLE.

soundchaser
Leave Her to Beaver

#311 Post by soundchaser » Wed May 27, 2020 7:10 pm

I don’t know if you’ve received your package from March, Rayon Vert, but I’m still waiting on my John Ford set that supposedly departed the U.K. on April 17. Hasn’t been scanned in the US, as far as I can tell. At what point would getting in touch with Indicator be appropriate? I understand there are serious delays right now, but we’re nearing six weeks. (And I’ve had other items from Eureka arrive in just one or two.)

Rayon Vert
Green is the Rayest Color

#312 Post by Rayon Vert » Wed May 27, 2020 8:03 pm

No, my March package arrived quite a while ago, maybe 4 weeks ago, c. April 20 or so (I should have noted it here). (I'd pre-ordered it February 8.) I then ordered the John Ford box (I finally broke down even though I only want The Long Gray Line). That was on April 24, and I got it early last week, so around May 19. (I'm in Canada).

Ribs

#313 Post by Ribs » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:44 pm

Is this the right thread for a sale offer? For whatever reason Deep Discount has Psyche 59, A Severed Head, and RPM for $9 each (there’s a 10% off coupon if you have three items in your cart available.) Not the most exciting set of movies but the price can’t be beat so I sprang for the latter two that I listed along with something else I’d been waiting to pick up from DD.

Glowingwabbit

#314 Post by Glowingwabbit » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:24 pm

Ribs wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:44 pm
Is this the right thread for a sale offer? For whatever reason Deep Discount has Psyche 59, A Severed Head, and RPM for $9 each (there’s a 10% off coupon if you have three items in your cart available.) Not the most exciting set of movies but the price can’t be beat so I sprang for the latter two that I listed along with something else I’d been waiting to pick up from DD.
Thanks Ribs! At that price I'll definitely give those 3 a shot.

therewillbeblus

#315 Post by therewillbeblus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 am

Not sure if this was covered already elsewhere, but Indicator is doing a "3 for £30" sale on their site for re-released standard editions of their titles. Need to checkout with code: THIRTY

Gerald Christie

#316 Post by Gerald Christie » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:20 pm

So, I'm going to order from Indicator for the first time and I have a couple of questions:

1) When the start shipping do they send an email?
2) Do international orders include tracking?
3) I see that there's three options for shipping: tracked, economy and priority? What are the differences between them? Which one would you recommend to get the package sooner in this pandemic? Do economy and priority also include tracking?

Thanks!

Adam X

#317 Post by Adam X » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:14 am

1) Yes
2) If you pay for it
3) international shipping is a choice between standard Royal Mail, tracked Royal Mail & FedEx (Shipping Policy)

Pretty much every postal service on the planet is prioritising everything over economy shipping right now, so I wouldn't go with the cheap option unless you're happy to wait a couple of months. Tracking isn't entirely reliable right now either, but I feel it's better than nothing at the moment. That said, I just had two packages come from Arrow, tracked, that took 2 weeks each with no issues (to Australia). Things seem to be getting a little better, but it really depends on where you live.

Gerald Christie

#318 Post by Gerald Christie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Yesterday I ordered for the first time from Indicator. How long does it usually take them to send a dispatch and tracking email? I'm still waiting for both. I know it's only been one day and maybe it's just me comparing them to Eureka, but I find it odd

Glowingwabbit

#319 Post by Glowingwabbit » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:23 pm

Gerald Christie wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:15 pm
Yesterday I ordered for the first time from Indicator. How long does it usually take them to send a dispatch and tracking email? I'm still waiting for both. I know it's only been one day and maybe it's just me comparing them to Eureka, but I find it odd
Usually a few days I think. But that also depends how big your order was. There is still a pandemic going on so I would expect some delays.

The Pachyderminator

#320 Post by The Pachyderminator » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:52 pm

I placed my first Indicator order a week ago. It spent six days wending its way from Britain to Cologne, Germany, then Paris, then back to Cologne...but then it arrived in the central United States one day later. Seems like an oddly indirect route, but I'm still impressed. Sometimes tracking the package is almost as entertaining as watching the movie.

colinr0380

#321 Post by colinr0380 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:28 pm

hearthesilence

#322 Post by hearthesilence » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:45 pm

Man, why can't America have aquavans?

colinr0380

#323 Post by colinr0380 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:46 pm

The Pachyderminator's comment also reminded me of that art exhibition piece by Janek Schaefer, Recorded Delivery (NSFW!), which was based around sending a voice activated dictaphone through the post!

The Pachyderminator

#324 Post by The Pachyderminator » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:30 am

For the next 24 hours, the Samuel Fuller at Columbia box is available for £34.50. (It was actually a 48-hour sale, but I didn't open the email until just now.)

Ribs

#325 Post by Ribs » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:01 pm

Deep Discount has another set of bargain bin offers on random offerings from the catalog: The Legacy, Who?, and Black Joy are all $9. Don’t think I’ll be biting this time!