Arrow Wish List

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

antnield

Re: Arrow Wish List

#276 Post by antnield » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:59 am

perkizitore wrote:Is there a chance of releasing The Wanderers?
It was recently submitted to the BBFC by Icon Home Entertainment, which would suggest they have a disc in the works - no idea if that'd be Blu-ray or just DVD, though.

rapta

#277 Post by rapta » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:37 pm

antnield wrote:
perkizitore wrote:Is there a chance of releasing The Wanderers?
It was recently submitted to the BBFC by Icon Home Entertainment, which would suggest they have a disc in the works - no idea if that'd be Blu-ray or just DVD, though.
Looks like it's already been released, and on DVD only: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wanderers-DVD-K ... B00XY6WC80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shame, after seeing The Right Stuff and Invasion of the Body Snatchers again recently I'd love to see some more Philip Kaufman hit UK Blu-ray.

Calvin

#278 Post by Calvin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:03 am

I'm not sure if there are HD masters available for all of them yet, but it would be great if Arrow could upgrade their old Fassbinder sets seeing as some of them have been recently restored.

Also, I've noticed that the old Tartan Jodorowsky releases appear to be OOP. Given that Francesco Simeoni said that they'd be his dream Arrow releases, I'm sure that Arrow would love to get their hands on them but it would also be great to see Tusk and The Rainbow Thief added to the mix. In a Film Comment interview from a few years ago, Jodorowsky seems like he'd be open to working on them again - if the material still exists, of course.

rapta

#279 Post by rapta » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:17 am

Calvin wrote:I'm not sure if there are HD masters available for all of them yet, but it would be great if Arrow could upgrade their old Fassbinder sets seeing as some of them have been recently restored.

Also, I've noticed that the old Tartan Jodorowsky releases appear to be OOP. Given that Francesco Simeoni said that they'd be his dream Arrow releases, I'm sure that Arrow would love to get their hands on them but it would also be great to see Tusk and The Rainbow Thief added to the mix. In a Film Comment interview from a few years ago, Jodorowsky seems like he'd be open to working on them again - if the material still exists, of course.
Just gonna say it: a Jodorowsky set would be my own dream Arrow Video set. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Orlac

#280 Post by Orlac » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:21 pm

The new upcoming Scorcese restoration of Night of the Living Dead

JamesF

#281 Post by JamesF » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:14 am

Calvin wrote:I'm not sure if there are HD masters available for all of them yet, but it would be great if Arrow could upgrade their old Fassbinder sets seeing as some of them have been recently restored.

The German Blu-Ray of The Rainbow Thief that came out a few years ago is quite decent in terms of A/V from what I recall (it's been a while since I watched it). It's also billed as a "Director's Cut", though I can't find any indication of what might be different about it or whether Jodorowsky was even involved; there's no bonus features except for the trailer.

nolanoe

#282 Post by nolanoe » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:18 pm

I own the DVD of that, and it says DIRECTOR'S CUT - which there is no further mention, discussion or elaboration on. So no, I don't think so.
I was at a Jodorowsky-Q&A a while ago, and while I did talk to him briefly and asked questions before that, I figured I better not ask for Tusk and that one...

JamesF

#283 Post by JamesF » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:53 am

Arrow releasing The Honeymoon Killers makes me wonder whether they plan to similarly upgrade anything else released by the (apparently defunct) Slam Dunk Media - I'm thinking (nay, hoping) particularly of Tim Hunter's Over The Edge.

Orlac

#284 Post by Orlac » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:21 am

Strip Nude For Your Killer (new HD transfer please)

Alain3000

#285 Post by Alain3000 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Lucio Fulci Franco & Ciccio Boxset
Beatrice Cenci
Don't Torture a Duckling w/Italian language option
Guys from Paradise
Agitator-Both 150 and 200 minute versions
Man in White
Shangri-La(2002)
Takashi Miike's 2007 filmed Stage play of Zatoichi
Five Days in Milan
The Great Silence
The Mercenary
Supersnooper
My Darling My Dearest(1982)
Out of the Blue(1980) w/Complete soundtrack including the song Blue Motel(or is it Hotel?)
The Glass Sky(Der gläserne Himmel) by Nina Grosse
Last edited by Alain3000 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RossyG

#286 Post by RossyG » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:18 am

Scream and Scream Again.

Dr Amicus

#287 Post by Dr Amicus » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:19 am

RossyG wrote:Scream and Scream Again.
Seconded (assuming it's available) - otherwise I might have to import the Twilight Time version...

But seriously, this is ideal Arrow material. Arguably Amicus's finest film, a fantastic paranoid thriller / SF / horror hybrid. I had great fun trying to write about it for my thesis - my first draft was little more than an attempt to construct some form of conventional narrative from it! Amazingly, I think I managed it and without using the original book. Anyway, one of the changes (probably the largest) that was required after my Viva was adding a comparison to contemporary swinging horror films - so I used the two modern Hammer Draculas and Michael Reeves' The Sorcerors. And again, that was a lot of fun to write.

Finch

#288 Post by Finch » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Aldo Lado's Short Night of Glass Dolls if they have or can get the rights.

Adam X

#289 Post by Adam X » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:48 am

You could always get the Camera Obscura release. It's hard to see Arrow doing any better.

Petty Bourgeoisie

Re: Arrow Films

#290 Post by Petty Bourgeoisie » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Ribs wrote:Arrow also tweeted the other day that they're viewing 2016 as the year of the boxset, which certainly seems pretty accurate so far.
More Rivette, please.

NABOB OF NOWHERE

#291 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:36 am

Blu-Box sets would be very welcome for Chabrol, Early Boro, Oshima and Suzuki which would be feasible I think in the Arrow universe.
Less feasible perhaps but desperately needed are sets for Claire Denis, Garrel, Gremillon, Jancso, Kolski, Tourneur pere et fils and on and on - the list is an endless ribbon of dreams.

RossyG

#292 Post by RossyG » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Losey's Figures in a Landscape, please. For those of us who can't be arsed to go region free.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#293 Post by domino harvey » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:07 pm

NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:Blu-Box sets would be very welcome for Chabrol
The first thing I thought of-- recent masters exist for a lot of Chabrol's overlooked 60s films, most of which are not currently licensed to anyone in the UK as far as I know. Would make for an excellent rescue project. Give me a call, Arrow :-"

George Drooly

#294 Post by George Drooly » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Terayama

SpiderBaby

#295 Post by SpiderBaby » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:12 am

Good to see more and more people requesting Terayama.

George Drooly

#296 Post by George Drooly » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:02 am

I think I've seen just about everything he's done, but it would be wonderful to see it in proper quality of course, with a nice book + extras

knives

#297 Post by knives » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:24 am

domino harvey wrote:
NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:Blu-Box sets would be very welcome for Chabrol
The first thing I thought of-- recent masters exist for a lot of Chabrol's overlooked 60s films, most of which are not currently licensed to anyone in the UK as far as I know. Would make for an excellent rescue project. Give me a call, Arrow :-"
It would be fun even if just for a collection of his Bond knock-offs which tend to be one the more bizarre end of such things.

perkizitore

#298 Post by perkizitore » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Terayama and Wakamatsu sets would be great, also an ATG boxset with the more obscure stuff! [-o<
Also a Zulawski boxset, since Mondo Vision doesn't seem to be releasing any blu-rays (with the exception of Possession).

zedz

#299 Post by zedz » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:56 pm

Dr Amicus wrote:Anyway, one of the changes (probably the largest) that was required after my Viva was adding a comparison to contemporary swinging horror films - so I used the two modern Hammer Draculas and Michael Reeves' The Sorcerors. And again, that was a lot of fun to write.
What is the status of The Sorcerers? That would be a no brainer Arrow title.

rockysds

#300 Post by rockysds » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:11 pm

It got released on blu-ray by Odeon last year.