Norwegian DVDs

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
walsgrave

Re: Norwegian DVDs

#51 Post by walsgrave » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:05 am

Just wondering if anyone has managed to order any titles to be shipped internationally from the National Library recently? I've tried emailing, as per the instructions on the webstore, without success. It seems that even this route may no longer be an option...

Aunt Peg

#52 Post by Aunt Peg » Sun May 01, 2022 6:04 am

I haven't been able to find any sellers from Norway that ship internationally. I'm after a Norwegian title Barn (Beware of Children) which is English friendly but still after six months of searching (including eBay and Amazon) have had no luck tracking down anybody who will ship outside of Norway.

patreig

#53 Post by patreig » Mon May 02, 2022 5:16 am

Aunt Peg wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:04 am
I haven't been able to find any sellers from Norway that ship internationally. I'm after a Norwegian title Barn (Beware of Children) which is English friendly but still after six months of searching (including eBay and Amazon) have had no luck tracking down anybody who will ship outside of Norway.
https://www.dvdoo.dk/dvd-film/barn-dvd-d502602
only danish subtitles unfortunately

TodoModo

#54 Post by TodoModo » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:58 pm

walsgrave wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:05 am
Just wondering if anyone has managed to order any titles to be shipped internationally from the National Library recently? I've tried emailing, as per the instructions on the webstore, without success. It seems that even this route may no longer be an option...
They seem to offer worldwide shipping. There's only one problem. I tried to place an order of norwegian Dvds on Nettbutikk (the shop of Nasjonalbibliotek) but I'm not able to pay with my italian card. The conversion between Norsk Koroner to Euro seems to be interrupted. Hopefully they will offer Paypal option in the future.
It's unfortunate because the new 2021 releases have all english subtitles(undertexter), especially boxes on Anja Breien, Vibeke Løkkeberg and 1 movie by Laila Mikkelsen ("Liten Ida" 1981), the three female directors who made a great impact on norwegian cinema between 70s and 80s.

they also have their physical shop in Oslo, of course.

EDIT: Luckily in the end I managed to order "Liten Ida". Can't wait. Shipping costs, even towards rest of europe, are still high, but the item is quite rare
Last edited by TodoModo on Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forrest Taft

#55 Post by Forrest Taft » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:37 am

They also recently released a Bent Hamer-set, including all his 8 features, and one of his shorts. It's region free, has English subs and a bilingual booklet (English and Norwegian). I haven't had a chance to watch any of them yet, but Eggs, Water Easy Reach, Kitchen Stories and O'Horten are all from new 4k restorations. Some of the restoration notes I find confusing though. The soundtracks seems to have been converted from surround to stereo, and the notes for Factotum states that although it was shot on 35 mm film, "This version is based on the original digital production material[...]Blacks are adjusted, and at the director's request, artefacts and noise are removed from certain scenes for which the original camera negative has been lost". Not entirely sure what "original digital production material" means.

magnusbe

#56 Post by magnusbe » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:40 pm

For the last six months there has been a successful project to crowdfund Blu-ray releases of Norwegian films that have previously only been available on DVD, VHS - or in some cases never on any home video format.

10 Blu-rays have been released so far, with 26 more in the pipeline.

All have English subtitles and English translations of the text on the covers.

Sadly they are not being sold by any shop that ships abroad.

You can see the financed films here
https://www.platekompaniet.no/serie/nor ... klassikere
and follow the crowdfunding here
https://www.bidra.no/film