The Warriors

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

Finch

Re: The Warriors

#26 Post by Finch » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:56 am

The release is only a month away now so hopefully there won't be any time out issues but if they do occur, do I need to take it up with Paypal or Arrow?

Black Hat

#27 Post by Black Hat » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:39 pm

Ultra HD, blah blah, whatever, is not going to play on a regular Blu-ray player, right? Would love to purchase this.

dwk

#28 Post by dwk » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:45 pm

They are also releasing this on regular Blu-ray.

yoloswegmaster

#29 Post by yoloswegmaster » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:45 pm

Black Hat wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:39 pm
Ultra HD, blah blah, whatever, is not going to play on a regular Blu-ray player, right? Would love to purchase this.
Standalone Blu edition is also available.

Black Hat

#30 Post by Black Hat » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:53 pm

Very cool, thank you!

Adam X

#31 Post by Adam X » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:49 am

Finch wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:56 am
The release is only a month away now so hopefully there won't be any time out issues but if they do occur, do I need to take it up with Paypal or Arrow?
From memory, you need to use a card instead (I recall not being able to reconfirm my PayPal details). They send an email, you go to your account, and then pick a new payment option. It’s relatively painless, if somewhat unnecessary.

I think I only had it happen when I ordered on announcement and then the title got delayed. So I’d say you’ll be fine (touch wood).

Finch

#32 Post by Finch » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:44 pm

Had to resubmit the payment request for my Arte Originale order because for some reason Arrow couldn't just make the charge with what I submitted first time round. I'm grateful for the work that James F and Kevin Lambert and others do at Arrow but THG's site and their customer service are the absolute pits. Literally no other label or retailer requires you to re-enter your paypal details. I'm so tempted to forego the Arte Originale for Body Snatchers 78 and grab the other edition with Tony Stella's artwork so I don't have to deal with Arrow's site and customer service.

tolbs1010

#33 Post by tolbs1010 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Just got back from holiday travels, and my copy of The Warriors was waiting for me in my mailbox. It was very poorly packaged--a flimsy piece of paper in a box that was big enough for the item to be jostled around during shipment. The cover is dented in two places and I can hear parts rattling around inside (likely the teeth of the round spindle that holds discs in place). I have not opened the item. I sent Arrow a message requesting a replacement. They responded by offering me a $5 credit.

Not happy. When you pay a premium to get a limited-edition item directly from the company, you want it to arrive in perfect condition.

Finch

#34 Post by Finch » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:51 pm

I've read other people had their copies arrive in poor packaging too. Mine was handled well in transit but you'd think after the complaints over the Bruce Lee LE they'd bother to package every title with care but between this and the dented Chucky sets (same design as the Lee), it's clearer than ever that Arrow's overlords only care about their bottom line, reputational damage to their assets be damned. I go back and forth about ordering Carrie and Body Snatchers from Orbit instead.

dwk

#35 Post by dwk » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:25 pm

Word on the Blu-ray.com forum is that the theatrical cut on this still retains two zooms that were introduced in the 2005 "director's cut."