Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice

#1 Post by domino harvey » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:50 am

CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITIES...

From the hugely talented actor, writer and director Paul Mazursky (The Tempest, Harry and Tonto) comes Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, a classic comedy that hilariously probes the complicated relationship dynamics of the sexually liberated 1960s.

Mazursky's sharp satire tells of Bob (Columbo regular Robert Culp) and Carol (Natalie Wood: West Side Story, Brainstorm), an affluent and hip Californian couple who return from a free-thinking, free-love retreat, intent on having an open relationship. The more conservative Ted (Elliot Gould: MASH, The Long Goodbye) and Alice (Dyan Cannon, Heaven Can Wait) enjoy hearing about their friends amorous adventures, but the cat is set amongst the pigeons when they are invited to join-in... in bed!

A film that truly evokes the spirit of its age, Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice was a huge hit with audiences and critics alike upon its original theatrical release. Benefitting from superb ensemble acting from its main players and a sublime score courtesy of Quincy Jones, it is no wonder that Mazursky s film was nominated for four Academy Awards.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

New restoration from original film elements by Sony Pictures
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
Uncompressed Mono 1.0 PCM audio soundtrack
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Audio commentary by director/co-writer Paul Mazursky, actors Robert Culp, Elliott Gould, and Dyan Cannon
New Audio commentary by the film scholar Adrian Martin
Bob & Natalie & Elliot & Dyan... & Paul, a new video essay exploring the film s themes by filmmaker and critic David Cairns
Tales of Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, an archival interview with Paul Mazursky revisiting the film s production and release
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by author Michael Atkinson and original reviews

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice

#2 Post by domino harvey » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:37 am

I'm surprised this is coming from Arrow, as I had this pegged as a likely Indicator release. So glad I didn't bite on the Twilight Time version yesterday when I placed my sale order

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice

#3 Post by swo17 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am

I wasn't expecting to like this for whatever reason but for once Arrow's ad copy is spot on (calling it a "sharp satire"). Also, I love Gould and Wood in this, and want to keep them as pets