The Russ Meyer Collection

Discuss releases from Arrow and the films on them.

Moderator: yoloswegmaster

MichaelB

Re: Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls/The Seven Minutes

#26 Post by MichaelB » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Gary confirmed to me that he hasn't received the DVD checkdisc of The Seven Minutes yet, and will update the review when it arrives.

(They had to be sent separately because the DVDs were delayed thanks to an accidental pre-Christmas delivery to the wrong address.)

Perkins Cobb

#27 Post by Perkins Cobb » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:31 pm

So is this now OOP? Amazon ran out of stock just as I was hovering over the buy button, of course.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#28 Post by swo17 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:35 pm

It was 95% sold out as of this morning, and officially announcing that probably pushed it over the edge.

rapta

#29 Post by rapta » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Perkins Cobb wrote:So is this now OOP? Amazon ran out of stock just as I was hovering over the buy button, of course.
Eh? It's been OOS at Amazon for at least a few weeks now. I almost bought it a few times in the 2 for £25 offer, but decided I could wait for the re-release. Kinda regretting it now though, as I might not get to see The Seven Minutes (unless they end up releasing that separately too).

tomN245

Re: Beyond the Valley of the Dolls/The Seven Minutes

#30 Post by tomN245 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:48 pm

I got a £3.50 copy from Cex and it came in great condition :D

rapta

#31 Post by rapta » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:30 am

tomN245 wrote:I got a £3.50 copy from Cex and it came in great condition :D
Good shout, I might try that. Crazy cheap price there!

Just to let others know, there are Amazon listings for reissues of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (Blu-ray) and The Seven Minutes (DVD) set for September 5th. So these will still be in circulation, albeit sans-booklet and sans-slipcover. And cheaper too...at least eventually.

PfR73

#32 Post by PfR73 » Tue May 03, 2022 1:12 am

Michael, since you produced the Arrow release, do you know which is accurate about the transfer? Arrow's transfer notes list this as a 2K restoration, while Criterion's transfer notes list it as only a "high-definition" restoration (as opposed to VotD being listed as a 2K restoration). Caps comparisons do look like they are the same transfer, just with different gamma/brightness levels.

MichaelB

Re: The Russ Meyer Collection

#33 Post by MichaelB » Wed May 04, 2022 1:00 pm

I haven't a clue, I'm afraid; this was years ago, I haven't produced anything for Arrow since 2017, and I no longer have any relevant materials. Sorry!

Paul Moran

#34 Post by Paul Moran » Fri May 06, 2022 11:22 am

PfR73 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:12 am
Michael, since you produced the Arrow release, do you know which is accurate about the transfer? Arrow's transfer notes list this as a 2K restoration, while Criterion's transfer notes list it as only a "high-definition" restoration (as opposed to VotD being listed as a 2K restoration). Caps comparisons do look like they are the same transfer, just with different gamma/brightness levels.
I bought the Arrow LE in April 2016. According to the LE booklet, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls was "restored in 2K from a 35mm Scope Interpositive and a 35mm Scope Internegative for the textless optical sections.....The restoration work was carried out at IVC on behalf of Fox Entertainment."

PfR73

#35 Post by PfR73 » Fri May 06, 2022 12:28 pm

Yes, I have the Arrow LE also, along with the Criterion. I was asking Michael because those Arrow transfer notes differ on the resolution of the restoration compared to the Criterion transfer notes, even though both transfers appear to be the same.

MichaelB

#36 Post by MichaelB » Fri May 06, 2022 3:43 pm

I haven’t seen the Criterion, and we’d have reproduced the info provided by Fox in good faith.