Kino Lorber Studio Classics: Bitter Moon

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
senseabove

Re: Kino Lorber Studio Classics: Bitter Moon

#51 Post by senseabove » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:06 pm

tenia wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:59 pm
senseabove wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:06 pm
Though in their defense, about 1/3 of the folks there are truly, thoroughly exasperating.
They do, and I understand the frustration, but in this case, James Luckard writes in a very diplomatic way about this, and even when KL answers to him, it's not very good looking.
Agreed. It's a bad look in all cases, and particularly so here. I only meant that as a little empathy more for the recurrence than this particular instance. It speaks to the environment of both the board and the company that both the preceding and current Insiders publicly snapped on multiple occasions. I really wonder why they still have someone there, and so consistently, as it's hard to believe the Insider is doing it out of sheer pleasure and enthusiasm...

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#52 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Actually, the current Insider revealed he was reading the initial comments on the weekend and was not allowed to post publicly til Monday since he wasn’t on the clock til then, so apparently he does like it enough to do it in his free time!

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#53 Post by tenia » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:28 pm

senseabove wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:06 pm
It speaks to the environment of both the board and the company that both the preceding and current Insiders publicly snapped on multiple occasions. I really wonder why they still have someone there, and so consistently, as it's hard to believe the Insider is doing it out of sheer pleasure and enthusiasm...
I understand your point, but then, how the utmost majority of other labels' representative like Ryan for Vinegar Syndrome, Jared for Mondo Macabro, whoever is doing it for Indicator currently etc etc are doing for not snapping, even occasionally ?
This certainly isn't an easy position, and god knows board members (and people online in general) spontaneously focus on the negative with usually pretty much no filter at all, but still, I'm seeing many who manage not to call their own customers nut-jobs.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#54 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:33 pm

The Indicator rep on the Blu-Ray.com forum has the patience of a saint— every week he has to placate that maniac who won’t shut up about the Mad Magician

soundchaser
Leave Her to Beaver

#55 Post by soundchaser » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:35 pm

I’ve lost track of how many times he’s said “do you want it good or Tuesday?” re: Hammer volume four.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#56 Post by tenia » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:39 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:33 pm
The Indicator rep on the Blu-Ray.com forum has the patience of a saint— every week he has to placate that maniac who won’t shut up about the Mad Magician
At least it's not Ginger Snaps.

senseabove

#57 Post by senseabove » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:55 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Actually, the current Insider revealed he was reading the initial comments on the weekend and was not allowed to post publicly til Monday since he wasn’t on the clock til then, so apparently he does like it enough to do it in his free time!
Wow—I missed that...
tenia wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:28 pm
I understand your point, but then, how the utmost majority of other labels' representative like Ryan for Vinegar Syndrome, Jared for Mondo Macabro, whoever is doing it for Indicator currently etc etc are doing for not snapping, even occasionally ?
This certainly isn't an easy position, and god knows board members (and people online in general) spontaneously focus on the negative with usually pretty much no filter at all, but still, I'm seeing many who manage not to call their own customers nut-jobs.
I don't follow the VS/MM threads, so maybe their reps are there as often, but the KL rep is the only on I've seen who seems to be active and replying almost every day, responds to probably 90% of the exhaustive, particular, nit-picky questions asked, including some truly insane Guess Who?-style hint narrowing, and will usually play catch-up with several pages of questions when they were out for a day or two. In comparison, from what I've seen, the Indicator rep pops in every now and then to correct egregious misunderstandings/assumptions and maybe answer a question or three (which is perfectly fine). So Indicator seems like mostly polite damage control and fan service bonus info, while it's almost like KL reps have a mandate to answer all questions where possible and discretion allows.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#58 Post by tenia » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Jared from MM is quite active too, but indeed not that much.

Cronenfly

#59 Post by Cronenfly » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:25 pm

So do we all just have to go back to watching the DVD? Is it so hard to admit that they fucked up? I haven’t been following the whole saga but it all seems so stupid and unnecessary.

nitin

#60 Post by nitin » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:45 am

Japanese and German BDs are fine apparently and the same master.

colinr0380

#61 Post by colinr0380 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:36 am

senseabove wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:55 pm
So Indicator seems like mostly polite damage control and fan service bonus info, while it's almost like KL reps have a mandate to answer all questions where possible and discretion allows.
Perhaps we are witnessing the beginning of the same process that drove the Code Red guy insane :-k