58 Peeping Tom

Discuss releases by Criterion and the films on them. Threads may contain spoilers!
midnitedave

Re: 58 Peeping Tom

#76 Post by midnitedave » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:35 pm

Per the BD.com description of the former, I'd guess these are the same feature:
The Eye of Beholder - in this archival featurette, produced by Canal+ and Image UK Ltd., director Martin Scorsese, film critic Ian Christie, Thelma Schoonmaker, Prof. Laura Mulvey, and Karlheinz Bohm (who plays Mark Lewis) discuss the fascinating history of Peeping Tom and the devastating impact it had on Michael Powell's career in the UK. In English, with optional German and French subtitles. (19 min).
I did wonder about this but hadn't confirmed, thank you for the legwork! I'll revise my previous post.

Jean-Luc Garbo

#77 Post by Jean-Luc Garbo » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:24 pm

Randall Maysin Again wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:19 pm
Jean-Luc Garbo wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:07 pm
So it looks like A Very British Psycho couldn't be included here?
I think this
Finch wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:58 pm
Documentary about screenwriter Leo Marks
is what you're looking for.
I hope so. I wonder why they didn't credit it as a Chris Rodley film like on the original DVD release.

colinr0380

#78 Post by colinr0380 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:50 am

That will be the documentary. It is very much Leo Marks focused, as I seem to remember that the documentary goes a bit into his early work as a cryptographer during World War II as well.

Excellent! Interestingly I don't know if this is a pure coincidence or not but the Daily Mail just ran an article about Peeping Tom and its legacy yesterday, so I should have guessed that something had been announced!